Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day Nine: Workin' Woman!

I start my CNA (STNA) class on Tuesday! From 8am-4pm every day for 2 weeks. After that, I'm working at the local hospital. I am SO ready for this! I'm anxious because it's at the career center. That means there will be LOTS of HS students AND adults there to learn. Big crowds of strangers make me realllly anxious, but I'm going to get PAST that for the sake of my future, and more importantly-for the sake of the ability to care for my son financially.
I already researched everything about moving to TX and this job. The certification transfers with no problems at all. You simply contact the boards of nurses in the state you're moving to, send them your info and photo i.d., and then they send you your new cert to your new address. I also looked up CNA jobs opportunities in the DFW area...there are literally THOUSANDS. It's the job with the HIGHEST demand in that area, right now! CAN YOU SAY YAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYY? Okay. Rant over.

No comments: